My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, July 11, 2005

#1 African American Political Thought

While I had heard the names Booker T. Washington, W.E.B. Dubois, Carvey, and Randolph I never had a true understanding of whom they were, what they stood for, or the large impact that they had on history. I do not ever remember learning anything in school about any of these gentlemen. Usually when it came to civil rights my mind would automatically go to Martin Luther King Jr. and the impact during that time period.

Dr. Wintz did an incredible job today speaking and explaining the beliefs and importance of these men. I found it interesting that these men all seemed to look at the same topic from a different point of view. The controversy just within the African American culture was new to me. It would seem that they would all have the same focus and direction when it came to the topic of civil rights when in fact that was not the case.

I also found it interesting to learn where each of these men came from. I believe that this truly made an impact on the views that they had. They all came from different places and all carried out different views that yet tended to run together here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home