My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Research Update

Wow! I haven’t written a research paper since taking Comp. II in college while working on my Bachelor’s degree. Currently I am comparing the research process to childbirth. Once it is over you tend to forget the pain of having done it. But, it is all coming back to me! J The time factor is playing a large part in how well my paper is going. It seems as though whenever I have time to do research, the places where I would like to do it are closed.

To top off the time factor, just this week our local town historian died. He was a walking book of knowledge with many resources that he had collected over the years. While he did donate his collection of history to the local museum, he is not there to help find things of interest in them. The next step in my research process will be to go to the museum and begin going through all of the books and notes that he left.

My Superintendent was a big help though. She provided me with a paper done by WSU that they did recently titled “Bridging the Achievement Gap in Parsons USD 503.” I have skimmed this document, but have not had a chance to totally read it and organize the information that will be relevant to my paper.

I have also found a few books that have been published about Parsons and a calendar with neat information and little tidbits about the history of Parsons’ educational system.

So, I have some leads, but now am just looking for the time to really get it going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home