My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, November 21, 2005

Richmond - Chapter 12

Richmond – Chapter 12
Progressive Politics and Progress in A New Century

I was not aware that Kansas was on the cutting edge of women’s rights. I was amazed to find out that Lucy Hobbs was from Lawrence. We have a student researching her now for a project at school, but I have never heard her mention of her being from Kansas.

Airplanes and cars are something that all of my children can relate to. It is always interesting to tell them that Parsons used to have an automobile manufacturer here in Parsons many years ago. It is also fun to tell them about Girard and the attempt to fly there. They are all very aware of the Wright Bros. and this makes them think. Cessna is also something that they are aware of since there is a plant just 30 miles away. This chapter had lots of background on some of the things that we talk about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home