My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Richmond Chapt. 6 The First Years of Statehood

I found there to be some very interesting information in this chapter and some that I really felt no connection with towards my classroom.

The fact that Ross was the deciding vote in the Johnson impeachment was interesting. I also find it interesting that it was almost like he was hated by the whole state.

I also found it interesting that Kansas was the first state to ratify the Fifteenth Amendment. We do talk about Civil Rights in fourth grade and this will be a good piece of information to add to this.

The information on the fighting with the Indians I don’t quite know how I would use. We do talk about the moving of the Indians and that there was some fighting I think that this went into more background than they would use. I however will be able to base my teachings on some of this background knowledge that I have now gained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home