My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Richmond Chapt. 3 Indian Removal and Christian Missionary Efforts

I found this chapter interesting for a few different reasons. This chapter talks about the Neosho Mission, which is not very far from Parsons. In fact, my stepson lives in Chanute, and we take Shaw road to get to his house. So, I have passed the historical marker for this mission repeatedly over the years, so I found it interesting to learn more about it. Then, my husband is part Shawnee Indian. In fact I have his great great grandfathers pension records, and it says that he and his wife were married in Johnson County, Kansas in an Indian ceremony for marriage. I have read before about the Shawnee Mission and wondered if they had anything to do with it since they were in the area during that time period. These are both interesting things that we could discuss when talking about this as a class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home