My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, November 21, 2005

Richmond - Chapter 15

Richmond – Chapter 15
The Dirty Thirties: Kansas and the Great Depression

I cannot fathom the dust bowl that happened in Kansas. The pictures are just overwhelming. They remind me of the great nothing in the Never Ending Tale. I have heard my husband’s grandmother speak of living through the dust. She had a young baby sister at the time that was sick a lot. She always blamed this on the fact that she was on the floor of the house where all of the dust settled, therefore she developed respiratory problems.

I have always carried an admiration for Alf Landon. I think that he served Kansas well, even though he did not win the presidency.

I also wondered as I read the part about the Finney brothers as to whether this was the stock that Governor Finney came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home