My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, November 21, 2005

Richmond - Chapter 17

Richmond – Chapter 17
Kansas and the Arts

I never realized that Kansas could boast about so many people. We have artists, poets, authors, musicians, and dancers among our repitorie.

While most of these people my students would not recognize there are a few that they would. I was especially in awe when I read the little tidbit about Clark Tippet from Parsons that was a ballet dancer. I remember when he died. I went to school with his niece and his sister taught my keyboarding class and his brother-in-law taught my Algebra class.

My students are pretty well versed on who William Allen White was due to the fact that there is a medal named after him for children’s literature. Each year we try to read 3 or 4 of his books as a class and vote on our favorite. They really enjoy this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home